Sunday, 24 September 2017

( 13 ) Some memories from my 1st year M A course

  ( 13 )   Some memories  from  my  1st  year  M A course  

     There were some peculiarities which I noticed in Kothamangalam, where Mar Athanasius College was situated.   As it was a place where the trades of hill products from Idukki district were going on,  it had become a major commercial centre.   But, when I walked through the streets,  whenever a man came close to me,  he would utter something in a low voice, near my ears.   This disturbed me very much but my friends told me that it was a usual practice in that place,  reflecting high malechauvinism.   
     I remember two boys from Degree Final Year class,  coming to our classroom and talking sexually assaulting words to one of my classmates.   I had not heard about such a situation in my previous college,  St Peter's College, Kolenchery.   A boy coming to love a girl who is elder to him  - not secretly but entering the classroom without prior permission.   Here, I'm writing about the college campuses in Kerala and I don't know much about the campuses outside Kerala and in other countries. 
     I want to share some information about the Church where I went on Sundays for Mass.   Marthoma CheriaPally, where Mar Baselios Yeldo Bava's tomb is situated at the altar  - it was one of them.   In the opposite side of the road,  Martha Mariyam ValiyaPally is situated.   I used to go in these two churches  -  they are ancient and famous Churches in Kerala. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

( 34 ) An overview of the world from 1994 to 1998

 ( 34 )   An overview of the world from 1994 to 1998      During the period from 1994 to 1998, though I had some bitter experienc...