Sunday, 29 October 2017

( 18 ) M A 1st Year - the events that followed

  ( 18 )   M  A  1st Year - the events that followed

     When we climbed down the steps,  we could see aunt Gauri walking the road, at a distance.   "Grandfather died ", I told her.  She stood there for sometime,  shockingly.   Near the deadbody of grandfather,  there were grandmother, aunt Chinnamma and aunt Laly, shedding tears.   My parents were there.   Mother was crying loudly.   When I looked at grandfather's dead body, I could see an innocent face - yes,  he was very innocent in his words and actions.   But his death was very pathetic,  I thought.  
     Aunt Molly was about to set out  to the hospital but she was informed that she should not come,  instead grandfather was returning to his house,  though he was in a serious stage.   I think it was informed to the relatives that they should not convey the truth about her father's death.   
     I knew that the hospital bills were paid by my father because our land was already sold out and the money was in the bank.   My father was doubtful whether the ambulance service would be available to us as we were poor and I think he had hesitation about the expense of their service.   But when he enquired about it,  he realised that it was affordable to him and we set out from there in an ambulance.   Throughout the journey, everyone was crying.   I looked at his face all the time because I knew that  I couldn't see him after one day.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

( 34 ) An overview of the world from 1994 to 1998

 ( 34 )   An overview of the world from 1994 to 1998      During the period from 1994 to 1998, though I had some bitter experienc...