Sunday, 19 November 2017

( 21) Continuing memories - M A 1st Year

 ( 21 )  Continuing memories  - M  A  1st Year

     After grandfather's death,  I experienced many problems in my house which ended in total chaos in my relationship with my family members and relatives.   The model examination before my M A 1st Year course was going on during that week,  I think.  I didn't write it  - the reasons are many  - anyway,  I went to college,  after the examination.   Our Professor mentioned the names of those who didn't attend the exam and asked for an explanation.   I said, "my grandfather died ".  Hearing it,  he expressed his displeasure and narrated the story of a boy, who wrote the examination eventhough his grandfather died at the first day of the beginning of the exam.   Hearing that story,  I felt it like a silly one because I knew how could a comparison can be made between that boy and I !  I was a person with a broken heart,  but the Teachers and classmates didn't know anything about me.
     In the hostel, I avoided meat,  fish, egg,  milk and milk products till the 40th day of the passing away of my grandfather.   I was served black tea and I remember how perfectly I did it,  as a part of custom of our Church.   In the meantime,  as our property was sold out,  my parents started to change to the new house which was almost near to mother's house.   I still remember that day on which my family went to that place in a jeep ( I think it was a jeep  ).  My paternal grandfather was with us, but I can't remember whether there were any other persons or not.
     When I reached the new house,  I noticed that it was almost like our old house.   But when I searched for the toilet,  my heart was again and again broken.   I said to myself, "I'm totally defeated this time ".  The neighbours were coming to our house one by one to see the newcomers and I heard my father and mother talking with them happily.   Some of the neighbours told my father that they thought we owned a Television, seeing the luggages brought in a lorry,  the day before.   My father's reply made me bewildered  -  he said, " no, we have no TV,  we are not that much rich ".  "Own a TV " -  it was not there even in my dreams. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

( 34 ) An overview of the world from 1994 to 1998

 ( 34 )   An overview of the world from 1994 to 1998      During the period from 1994 to 1998, though I had some bitter experienc...