( 7 ) Some thoughts after the Degree Course
Though I couldn't perform well in the examinations in Degree Course, I continued reading the newspaper and the Vanitha magazine. Therefore, I could understand what was happening around the world, and especially the position of women in the society.
The Gulf War and its consequences reflected even in the families of Kerala. When US President George H W Bush decided to wage war against Saddam Hussein, I was shocked along with thousands of people in this world. In India, after the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi, in the general elections, the Indian National Congress was won and P V Narasimha Rao became the Prime Minister of India. In his Cabinet, the Finance Minister was Dr Manmohan Singh, who implemented some liberalised reforms in India's economy. However, I don't want to make a comment on this matter.
In Kerala, K Karunakaran was the Chief Minister during 1991 to 1995. I don't remember the major incidents that happened in Kerala at that time. But there was one incident - Nambi Narayanan, who was a scientist in ISRO was charged with espionage and arrested. During that period, K Karunakaran stood stern on behalf of him. It was a wonder to all of us but later he was declared not guilty by the Supreme Court. I don't know much about this incident and how to make a detailed description about this.
No comments:
Post a Comment